Saturday, August 19, 2006

Appreciation and Seduction

I personally can't handle appreciation. I don't even like the word. It makes me edgy.

Appreciating #1: I'm generally stable, even if i'm snubbed or anything. Attitude can't touch me. But underappreciation hits me like a bullet. Why? It's an insecurity.

Appreciating #2: I've now learnt that i also can't show appreciation. I defended myself initially. But now i feel it's true.

The other realization: Kindness is the hardest thing to repay.

***

On another note, i've just read finished "The Game" by Neil Strauss... the one book Derrick and I have obssessed over. And to the end of the book, i realize two things:
One: I'm already a good PUA, difference being intention and actually looking for long-term connections with 'em. AMOGing, Social proofing, i've done it all before.

Two: Reading this book actually works up an ego. Like, after reading a couple of pages, I've just gone through a conversation so filled with my own testosterone that i could smell it, yet can't stop it. it's toxic and positively bad stuff.

wait, i'm realizing a third: Sometimes, it doesn't have to take effort to seduce. Sometimes, as Style himself says, it takes some real love to attract real relationships. Sarging is only a more elaborate and effective "hello".

Thoughtful saturday.

***
Shakedown 2006



I like this photo. L to R...top behind: Shar, Vinh. Middle: Am, Grace. Front: Ning, Xiaoyun, Kel.

No comments: